Tue, 4 Nov 2009
Message from Saint Stefanos Outreach Ministry
Dear friend of Saint Stefanos,
We pray this communication finds you and your family well.
Please enjoy the attached sermon. Fr. John speaks about the importance of spreading and working towards peace on earth one relationship at a time. You will find the pertaining Gospel reading below. Feel free to share with others. Click here for the reading.
- If you can't make Wednesday night's A.B.C. (Adult Bible Catechism), be sure to call and inquire about local groups that are gathering throughout the week at homes in your neighborhood.
- Make sure to mark your calendar for the weekend of November 7th and 8th and enjoy the Fall Dance and Godparent's Sunday. We look forward to your fellowship that weekend.
- Lastly, if you have any news you would like to share with the St. Stefanos community, or ideas and opportunities for the Outreach Ministry to improve, we welcome your suggestions. Thanks and have a wonderful week.
We hope to see you this coming Sunday,
Saint Stefanos Outreach Ministry
UPCOMING EVENTS AT SAINT STEFANOS:
- Sunday Services - 8:15AM Orthros, 9:15 Sunday School, 9:30AM Divine Liturgy
- Ongoing on Wednesdays – 5:30 PM - Small Paraklesis, 6:30 Bible Study
- Can't attend on Wednesdays? Small Neighborhood Bible Study groups are available during the week. Call the church office for days, times, and a location near you.
- Saturday, November 7th – St. Stefanos’ Fall Dance/Silent Auction
- Sunday, November 8th- Godparent's Sunday
- Wednesday, November 25th - Special Thanksgiving Divine Liturgy
For specific information on the above events, contact the Church directly or reply back to us via email information request. Please email us with any upcoming dates that need to be added
The reading is from Luke 16:19-31
The Lord said, "There was a rich man, who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazaros, full of sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table; moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried; and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes, and saw Abraham far off and Lazaros in his bosom. And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy upon me, and send Lazaros to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in anguish in this flame.' But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazaros in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.' And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.' But Abraham said, 'They have Moses, and the prophets; let them hear them.' And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if some one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' He said to them, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced if some one should rise from the dead.'
2009 Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Outreach Ministry - Saint Stefanos Greek Orthodox Church
Rev. Fr. John Bociu, Presbyter
3600 76th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710