Thu, 28 Oct 2009
Message from Saint Stefanos Outreach Ministry
Dear friend of Saint Stefanos,
We pray this communication finds you and your family well.
- If you can't make Wednesday night's A.B.C. (Adult Bible Catechism), be sure to call and inquire about local groups that are gathering throughout the week at homes in your neighborhood.
- Make sure to mark your calendar for the weekend of November 7th and 8th and enjoy the Fall Dance and Godparent's Sunday. We look forward to your fellowship that weekend.
Please enjoy the attached sermon. You will find the pertaining Gospel reading below. Feel free to share with others. Click here for the reading.
Lastly, if you have any news you would like to share with the St. Stefanos community, or ideas and opportunities for the Outreach Ministry to improve, we welcome your suggestions. Thanks and have a wonderful week.
We hope to see you this coming Sunday,
Saint Stefanos Outreach Ministry
UPCOMING EVENTS AT SAINT STEFANOS:
- Sunday Services - 8:15AM Orthros, 9:15 Sunday School, 9:30AM Divine Liturgy
- Ongoing on Wednesdays – 5:30 PM - Small Paraklesis, 6:30 Bible Study
- Can't attend on Wednesdays? Small Neighborhood Bible Study groups are available during the week. Call the church office for days, times, and a location near you.
- Saturday, November 7th – St. Stefanos’ Fall Dance/Silent Auction
- Sunday, November 8th- Godparent's Sunday
- Wednesday, November 25th - Special Thanksgiving Divine Liturgy
For specific information on the above events, contact the Church directly or reply back to us via email information request. Please email us with any upcoming dates that need to be added
The reading is from Luke 8:26-39
At that time, as Jesus arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, there met him a man from the city who had demons; for a long time he had worn no clothes and he lived not in a house but among the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him, and said with a loud voice, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beseech you, do not torment me." For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him; he was kept under guard, and bound with chains and fetters, but he broke the bonds and was driven by the demon into the desert.)Jesus then asked him, "What is your name?" And he said, "Legion"; for many demons had entered him. And they begged him not to command them to depart into the abyss. Now a large herd of swine was feeding there on the hillside; and they begged him to let them enter these. So he gave them leave. Then the demons came out of the man and entered the swine, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned. When the herdsmen saw what happened, they fled, and told it in the city and in the country. Then people went out to see what had happened, and they came to Jesus, and found the man from whom the demons had gone, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. And those who had seen it told them how he who had been possessed with demons was healed. Then all the people of the surrounding country of the Gadarenes asked him to depart from them; for they were seized with great fear; so he got into the boat and returned. The man from whom the demons had gone begged that he might be with him; but he sent him away, saying, "Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you." And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him.
©2009 Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Outreach Ministry - Saint Stefanos Greek Orthodox Church
Rev. Fr. John Bociu, Presbyter
3600 76th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710