Thu, 22 Oct 2009
Message from Saint Stefanos Outreach Ministry
Dear friend of Saint Stefanos,
We pray this communication finds you and your family well.
- This Sunday is the JOY Car Wash Fundraiser. Your support is greatly appreciated as this is the largest fundraiser for this important ministry. Plus - You can have your car nice and shiny for the remainder of the week! 0Maria Gregory if you would like to help. Adult support is always apprecaited.
- Be on the look out for a petition to sign asking for the St. Petersburg City Council to allow St. Stefanos to replace its sign on 38th Avenue. More details to follow.
- Make sure to mark your calendar for the weekend of November 7th and 8th and enjoy the Fall Dance and Godparent's Sunday. We look forward to your fellowship that weekend.
Please enjoy the attached sermon. You will find the pertaining Gospel reading below. Feel free to share with others. Click here for the reading.
Lastly, if you have any news you would like to share with the St. Stefanos community, or ideas and opportunities for the Outreach Ministry to improve, we welcome your suggestions. Thanks and have a wonderful week.
We hope to see you this coming Sunday,
Saint Stefanos Outreach Ministry
UPCOMING EVENTS AT SAINT STEFANOS:
- Sunday Services - 8:15AM Orthros, 9:15 Sunday School, 9:30AM Divine Liturgy
- Ongoing on Wednesdays – 5:30 PM - Small Paraklesis, 6:30 Bible Study
- Sunday, This coming Sunday - JOY Carwash following Divine Liturgy
- Saturday, November 7th – St. Stefanos’ Fall Dance/Silent Auction
- Sunday, November 8th- Godparent's Sunday
For specific information on the above events, contact the Church directly or reply back to us via email information request. Please email us with any upcoming dates that need to be added
The reading is from Luke 10:16-21
The Lord said to his disciples, "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!" And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven. " In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.
(C) 2009 Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
Outreach Ministry - Saint Stefanos Greek Orthodox Church
Rev. Fr. John Bociu, Presbyter
3600 76th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710